Monday, March 9, 2009

Now what....!?


At church, Mr. Beckwith, talked about "Living in the Awareness" and "Bless the Mess". My, oh my! What a mess and the awareness is killing me!
"With more than 1 in 10 workers unemployed in January, the state registers its highest jobless rate since June 1983, not far below the record of 11%." LA TIMES; "The Commerce Department report released today showed the economy sinking much faster than the 3.8% annualized drop for the October-December quarter first estimated by the government last month. It also was considerably weaker than the 5.4% annualized decline economists expected." LA TIMES. "Mereulo Maddux Properties, one of Downtown’s largest landowners and developers, said Wednesday that it has stopped making interest and principal payments on 26 loans totaling $266 million and may consider filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy." DOWNTOWN NEWS

Now..., I know I can turn this stuff off, which I do, but how can I "live in the awareness" and not peek!? I guess the key is NOT to stare.

"Government is the only agency that can take a useful commodity like paper, slap some ink on it, and make it totally worthless." -- Ludwig Von Mises. What do you think...?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Blog's. I am still at the art show in Scottsdale. What a view of the current situation out there... 70 days of direct exposure to the buying public.. I have replaced the word "Economy" with "Sponge Cake". Nobody really knows what the word "economy" really means. They just say it and it pushes every individual button in a different way. The only common thread is that it kicks in some kind of a downward spiral. So, when someone says to me "What do you think of the economy"? I hear So, what do you think of the Sponge Cake"?

    It helps to take the edge off.

    Kind of like, Does anyone really have a grip on what exactly one billion really is? This word (Billion) is being thrown around as if the word thrower knows what they are saying. Something like "Only 32 Billion dollars for that? That's not so bad, I think that will be OK, give it to them"...

    ONE Billion seconds ago, it was 1959
    ONE Billion minuets ago, Christ was alive.
    ONE Billion hours ago, we were in the middle of the Neanderthal period.

    ZOOKS!

    Don't worry, Be happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your blog. My impression was that you certainly have your finger on the pulse of the times we're living in. It's nice to see this social consciousness expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enough with the testimonials, get me some work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your site but think the full page of 'Fuck It' is not in keeping with the peaceful harmony your words invoke.
    Just my thoughts.....

    ReplyDelete